Get your Tickets! Summer Literary Picnics are right around the corner!May 21, 2009
Last Friday we finished up our Winter/Spring Evening with Authors Series. Tony Horwitz gave a fabulous and funny presentation about his new book Voyage Long and Strange. But there is no rest for the weary. With the Evenings With Authors events done, Thurber House is now gearing up for our Summer Literary Picnics.
To celebrate our 25th anniversary, Thurber House is pleased to offer you another fantastic lineup of outdoor picnics and readings with authors who have an Ohio connection. We’ll kick off the season with our 2009 Thurber Treat. Please join us on the Thurber House lawn for five evenings of good friends, good food and great books.
If you don’t know how the Literary Picnics work, here is the drill:
- 5:20 p.m.- Our Young Docents offer guided tours of Thurber House
- 6:15 p.m.- Dinner is served! Order one of our delicious dinners, made fresh by Party Panache catering. Feel free to bring your favorite beer or wine to enjoy with dinner. (If you want dinner from us, please make a reservation by 4:00 pm the Monday before the picnic. Vegetarian options available!)
- 7:00 p.m.- The reading begins. Thurber House will remain open after the reading for tours, book buying and signing.
The Picnic schedule is as follows (all picnics are on Wednesdays):
- June 10- The Thurber Treat, hosted by Johnny DiLoretto
- June 24- Julia Keller
- July 8- Jennifer Cruise
- July 22- New Voices: Poetry, Fiction, Creative Non-Fiction
- Christopher Barzak.
- David Giffels
- James Siegel
- August 5- P.L.Gaus
To order tickets for the readings or for dinner and readings, go to our website www.thurberhouse.org, or call (614) 464-1032. Check our blog updates for more detailed information about each of these authors.